Mirror HQ Youth Addiction Service
Whakaata Tohu Tohu | Mirror HQ Youth Addiction Service provides alcohol and other drug services for young people aged between 12 and 22 years of age. As young people are often coping with a range of issues this team works from a co-existing problem enhanced approach. We have a diverse team of practitioners providing a range of evidence based and culturally responsive approaches to meet the diverse needs of the young people and whānau we work with.
This service is for young people who:
- Have problematic to severe alcohol and/or other drug use / gaming / gambling / other addiction issues.
- have substance use and a suspected mental health issue/s or mental health diagnosis
- Would like to make changes in their lives.
- Require support with detox or need managed withdrawal
- Are affected by a family member who has alcohol and/or other drug
- a parent of a young person with problematic alcohol and drug use
The focus of this service is to help you:
- Address alcohol and other drug related issues and reduce associated harm
- Improve wellbeing and mental health
- Take charge of your life
- Clarify difficult situations, find new solutions and build skills
- Improve your quality of life and increase confidence.
- Hope for young people and their families and whanau
- Culturally affirming safe space for young people to explore identity and values.
- 1:1 support and counselling provided at onsite, home, school or in the community
- Comprehensive case management in partnership with young people
- Specialist psychiatric and psychological support
- Peer support
- School based interventions
- Family inclusive practice and whānau therapy.
- Educational and therapeutic groups
- Referral and support to other services as required
- Education and training to other professionals and organisations
If you would like to access our Mirror HQ service, we accept referrals from young people, their whānau or a professional.
Please use this referrals form.
Or feel free to contact us if you have an enquiry.