What is Counselling?
Everyone at some point in their lives experience’s worries difficulties and struggles, and for some, they can work through these either on their own or with the support of others around them. But sometimes these worries, difficulties and struggles are stubborn and will not go away and they follow us around and can get bigger. They can affect our mood, sleep, and appetite as well as the relationships we have with our parent’s, family, and friends.
Counselling is a process that people access when they want to change something in their lives, or to explore their feelings and thought’s to better understand themselves so they can:
- Shrink, reduce, or stop problem’s, troubles, or concerns.
- Clarify situations and difficulties to make decisions
- Find solutions you have not yet tried
- Discover hidden strengths
- Manage and cope with difficult thoughts and feelings
- Improve self-esteem
- Strengthen and improve your relationship with others
Counselling offers a safe, non-judgmental, and confidential space with an experienced counsellor who will support you to explore your worries, difficulties, and struggles, and to find solutions, stop problems taking up so much room in your life, empowering you to feel more in charge.