Mirror Youth Day Programme
Whakaata Tohu Tohu O Tai Tama Wahine Me Tai Tama Tane | Mirror Youth Day Programme is a therapeutic day programme for young people between the ages of 13 and 18 years old who have significant drug and alcohol issues. It runs for the length of a school term and is based in Waitati just north of Dunedin.
The programme has a kaupapa Māori approach and therefore is inclusive of all cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
The Mirror Youth Day Programme is guided by five principles:
Tu Tika Hinengaro Pai
He Putake Hohonu
At the Programme we believe that:
- Taiohi are able to make positive choices managing their lives safely and effectively when given the right support, information and skills.
- Everyone is responsible for their own behaviour (positive or negative).
We aim to provide a safe, alcohol and other drug free environment where taiohi learn to:
- Be safe;
- Make positive and healthy lifestyle choices;
- Feel better about themselves;
- Develop personal identity that recognises culture;
- Take responsibility for their own actions;
- Handle difficult situations in positive ways; and,
- Initiate new ways of being with others.
To access Mirror Youth Day Programme a referral needs to be completed, which includes a Comprehensive Assessment.
Feel free to contact us if you have an enquiry.